Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pansy Afghan...20 yrs in the making

I started this blanket in 1997, the year my mom was in hospice, shortly before she passed away. I have had these blocks stashed away for way too long and I might have given up, but I knew that one day I would finish. A total of 54 finished blocks is needed to make the blanket. As of today, I have fifteen squares completed; only 39 more to go. Considering that these squares are not that difficult to crochet, nor that they take too long, I don't know why I have let this project drag on for 20 years. When I finally do finish, I will give this to my sister who has always wanted it from the very first.

Pattern: Pretty Pansies from Afghans for All Seasons (Leisure Arts).  Finished size approx. 48" x 69"
Flowers: Red Hart Super Saver Yarn, worsted weight, various colors; Background: Caron One Pound Yarn, worsted weight; all 100% polyester. Crochet Hook sizes F (3.75 mm) and J (6.00 mm).

No comments:

Post a Comment