Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rigid Heddle Knitter's Loom

Here is my 12" Ashford Rigid Heddle Knitter's Loom, strung with Cascade 100% Peruvian wool yarn on the warp (vertical strands), and a unique skein of silk sari yarn for the weft (horizontal strands).  I enjoy weaving more than any other crafty thing I can think of.  This is a small loom, easy to handle, easy to work with.  I've had it for at least a few years, but haven't done much weaving up until now.  The scarf (pictured below) was completed in two days.  Finished measurements are about 8" wide by 48" long.  I could be happy working with this loom alone, but it would be so nice to have a wider loom in order to weave a wider cloth.  There's something magical about weaving one's own cloth and then putting it to good use; being able to weave a wider cloth, imagine the possibilities! 






No comments:

Post a Comment